Fetch TOP rows

Analytics

Fetch TOP rows

Hi All,

I am new to Teradata and I have a requirement to fetch TOP transactions(ROWS) based on a SALES DATETIME provided to the query.

I am able to retreive all the Transactions(ROWS) that occured after the SALES DATETIME,nevertheless my requirement is to fetch TOP 5 ROWS based on DATETIME.I am using below query to achieve it and i am not sure what is driving the problem here.I can't use TOP funtion as i will be combining similar multiple result sets using UNION so thought to restrict either by ROWNUM or RANK.Can anyone please help me to achive this?

SELECT                                                                                                                           

p.product_id,d.param_seq_ID,d.parameter_name                                                                                                                  ,d.parameter_uom,f.parameter_value ,f.sales_datetime                                                                                                                  ,Store_phase

FROM   SFD_MFG_V.SLS_D_PLOT P                                                                                                         

INNER JOIN SFD_MFG_V.RDM_F_PARAMETER F ON (P.DIM_SEQ_ID = F.DIM_SEQ_ID)                                                                                                                INNER JOIN SFD_MFG_V.SLS_D_PARAM D  ON (F.PARAM_SEQ_ID = D.PARAM_SEQ_ID)                                                                                                                  INNER JOIN SFD_MFG_V.SLS_PLANT_INSTALLATION PI  ON (PI.FLEET = P.FLEET                                                                                                                                                                                              

AND PI.PRODUCT_ID = P.PRODUCT_ID                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          AND PI.AIRCRAFT_ID = P.AIRCRAFT_ID                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              AND PI.INSTALL_DATETIME = P.INSTALL_DATETIME                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             A ND PI.PRODUCT_CATEGORY = P.PRODUCT_CATEGORY)

WHERE

P.PRODUCT_ID = '123456' AND D.PARAMETER_NAME = 'AMERICA'

AND P.STORE_PHASE = 'OPERATIONAL'  AND F.SALES_DATETIME>= CAST( '2011-01-01 00:00:01' AS TIMESTAMP(0) )

QUALIFY ROW_NUM() OVER (PARTITION BY

p.product_id ,d.param_seq_ID,d.parameter_name,                                                                                                                 d.parameter_uom ,f.parameter_value ,f.sales_datetime ,Store_phase                                                

ORDER BY F.SALES_DATETIME ASC)<=5

Thx,

P

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Senior Apprentice

Re: Fetch TOP rows

So, what's your actual problem?

Two remarks:

ROW_NUM is no valid keyword, it's ROW_NUMBER.

You have to many columns in your PARTITION, unless you need the TOP 5 per whatever you should remove the PARTITION clause.

Dieter