I have problems with error 1920.Service NCR Put Port Management Service PUTPortMgrSvc

Analytics
Enthusiast

I have problems with error 1920.Service NCR Put Port Management Service PUTPortMgrSvc

I have problems with error 1920.Service NCR Put Port Management Service (PUTPortMgrSvc) failed to start.Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system sevices.

But I use Administrator account for Set Up PUT- Parallel Upgradge tool program.
6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: I have problems with error 1920.Service NCR Put Port Management Service PUTPortMgrSvc

Anyone help me fix this error, thanks!
Teradata Employee

Re: I have problems with error 1920.Service NCR Put Port Management Service PUTPortMgrSvc

As you say that you use an admin ID and still face an issue , so If you could provide details like if you are using PUT through an URL or as an application on the host and aslo about your OS where PUT is installed (windows or linux), may be we can be of some help.
Enthusiast

Hi, have a teradata V2R5.1 for Windows 2000 Advance server(server)
Enthusiast

I have problems with error 1920.Service NCR Put Port Management Service (PUTPortMgrSvc) failed to start.Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system sevices.

But I use Administrator account for Set Up PUT- Parallel Upgradge tool program.
teradata V2R5.1 for Windows 2000 Advance server(server)
Enthusiast

I have new error with 2404Error, help me pass the error

I was having the same problem and it came out to be a problem with extra double quotes around the path to NCR executables defined under Windows Services.

I checked under Windows Servers for these three entries

NCR PUT File Service
which was like
""C:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\bin\wfxrd.exe""
instead of
"C:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\bin\wfxrd.exe"

NCR PUT Job Service
which was like
""C:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\bin\putjobd.exe""
instead of
"C:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\bin\putjobd.exe"

NCR PUT Port Manager Service
which was like
""C:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\bin\portmgmt.exe""
instead of
"C:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\bin\portmgmt.exe"

I removed these extra double quotes under Windows Registry
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PUTFileSvc
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PUTJobSvc
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PUTPortMgrSvc

After doing the changes, I was able to get past the error screen successfully.

Manish