Insert into Teradata table via MS Access ODBC occasionally fails

Analytics
Enthusiast

Insert into Teradata table via MS Access ODBC occasionally fails

I'm creating a front-end for some Teradata user maintenance tables in MS Access. I've started having problems in occasionally not being able to insert or update records in these tables. I've been able to create the tables and then insert or update, but in subsequent sessions have not been able to do so. In another instance a colleague created tables, I was able to make entries. She had to drop the tables and re-create them. After re-linking to the new tables I was not able to insert/ update. I'm using the same ODBC connection setting and process. I've had lots of ODBC problems before, but I'm stumped on this one.

Any ideas?

Thx,
Nolan
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Insert into Teradata table via MS Access ODBC occasionally fails

Are you getting an error message of some type?

If you're having issues going through ODBC, you can always turn on the trace and see what's being submitted to Teradata. I've had to do this on occasion to figure out what's happening.
Enthusiast

Re: Insert into Teradata table via MS Access ODBC occasionally fails

No error message. The create new record button (>*) is greyed out. The table grid doesn't allow me to tab at the end of the table to create a new record.

Re your other comment, how do you turn on trace? Trace in MS Access or Teradata? I'm not working in VBA in MS Access and I'm not aware of an MS Access "trace" function outside of VBA or VB.

Nolan