[PROBLEM] Teradata ADS Generator...

Analytics
Enthusiast

[PROBLEM] Teradata ADS Generator...

Hi all, i have just installed teradata ADS generator (5.0.x.x) and i have tried to connect it by ODBC, with the PROD machine...but i have always the same problem "The user does not have any access to DBXYZ.yyyxxx", where DBXYZ is a prod db on the prod machine and "yyyxxx" is a table of this DB...SO i have to lel u know that i have also installed Teradata Admin by which i use this db normally, but i need to set at first the role ("set role all")...so i have to contact the administrator DBC to make the role setting "all" default by every ODBC connection?? or i need to set some parameter on ADS Gen.???

Please seniors make light on my troubles
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: [PROBLEM] Teradata ADS Generator...

From your Teradata admin can you try run this ? you may be spared from doing it all the time.

MODIFY USER userid AS DEFAULT ROLE = ALL;
Enthusiast

Thank for your answering...i have solved at first time with this (not good) procedure from ADS:

ADD New Analysis -> Miscellaneus -> Free Form SQL then typing "set role all" + F5, and i can assign by the sql from my role...But after i have tried with your suggestion, and after tAdministrator at glance i have noticed than i can assign my role automatically without the needing of DBC...so by the root, under DBC, under SYSUSER, i have selected my account, with double click then under tools->modify user i have changed the setting default role...
Thank u :-)
Teradata Employee

I reran the Teradata tools and utilities – Teradata Utility Pak to see whether the driver error might have been the result of a bad install, but everything ran fine, and when I try to connect in Teradata Data Set Builder for SAS, I still get the same error message:

"Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126:  The specified module could not be found. (Teradata, C:\Program Files(x86)\Teradata\Client\13.10\ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib\tdata32.dll

ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Teradata, C:\Program Files(x86)\Teradata\Client\13.10\ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib\tdata32.dll"

Please advise

Eric (Teradata) on behalf of Starbucks