Oracle Data Visualization gives you the best of both worlds: accurate, consistent analytics you can rely on and the ease-of-use and speed you need to change it. Rich, interactive visuals show the story in your data and make it easy for you to share insights. As easy as you expect—upload your data, then drag and drop your way to compelling analysis.
This article shows how to install Data Visualization Desktop (DVDesktop), set up connectivity to Aster and has examples of using them together.
2. Once you are done with the download (exe file), run the installer, provide installation directory and then click next.
3. Once you are done with the download (exe file), run the installer, provide installation directory and then click next.
4. Keep the default check box and then click next and click on install button.
5. Once the installation is completed, click next and then click Finish button.
6. Once you click on Finish button, it launches DVDesktop.
Installing Aster ODBC:
6. Download latest Aster ODBC from this site:
7. Unzip the file and navigate to the below location,
8. Now, execute this file: nClusterODBCInstaller_x64.msi
9. Click on Next and proceed.
Integrating & Working on DVDesktop with Aster:
10. Once Aster ODBC drivers are installed, Data Visualization Desktop identifies the location and connects to Aster Data Source without any additional settings to the environment.
11. Add a New Connection in the DVDesktop with Aster Data source.
12. Provide Aster connection details and click Save button.
13. Now, you should be able to save the connection without any errors and should be able to see the connection listed on Data sources page as below:
14. Now add your data sources to project.
15. To add, select the database and then select required tables to add to the project.
16. Once you add the required objects, click on Refresh Data to check if the data is being retrieved from respective Data Sources as shown in the below screen shot.
17. Now, navigate to main page and click on create project.
18. Select the Data Source and then click on Create Project button.
19. Once you are done with creating the project, you will see the table on the project tab.
20. Finally, you can visualize your data in multiple visualizations as shown below: