SQL Assistant 15.0.0.0 : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Applications
Applications covers the world of Teradata apps, including apps offered by Teradata (such as TRM or DCM), as well as best practices and methodologies for building your own Teradata-connected apps.
Highlighted
Visitor

SQL Assistant 15.0.0.0 : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Hi Guys,

I am facing a problem with my Teradata SQL Assistant 15.0.0.0. It is throwing below error whenever I am trying to open it. I had re-installed it also but facing the same problem. Need help how to resolve it.

Just after the status of "Loading Database Explorer Tree" the pop up is coming as shown below. 

Tearadata.JPG

SQLAError.txt File is having the below log. 

7/9/2018 10:25:04 PM
SQLA Version: 15.0.0.0
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.LoadCurrentDbViews(String dsn, String& db, List`1& viewList, String oldDsn, String& oldDb) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 514
at Teradata.SQLA.QueryFrm.SetCurrentDB(String dsn, String db, Boolean refresh) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\QueryFrm.vb:line 494
at Teradata.SQLA.QueryFrm..ctor() in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\QueryFrm.vb:line 223
at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 2298

And if I click on OK on the pop up the next screen is coming as shown below.

Teradata1.JPG

SQLAError.txt File is getting updated with the below log. 

7/9/2018 10:31:07 PM
SQLA Version: 15.0.0.0
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 2350
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL Assistant 15.0.0.0 : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

SQL Assistant 15.0.0.0 is quite old and is an initial release with no maintenance fixes applied. I would consider upgrading.

But to answer your question, this can sometimes be caused by a corrupted .config file (in the same folder where you found SQLAError.Txt file).

Based on the traceback, you can try renaming the customized Toolbars.config (which will restore the defaults).