Aster Express - Getting Started

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development
Not applicable

Re: Aster Express - Getting Started

While trying to set up VMWare in the initial steps, I could not find the file sles11.vmx in Queen node folders. how do I proceed?
Teradata Employee

Had some problems adding the worker when using IE. Recognized I had to use Firefox (as in the examples). Just a hint for others who try installing Aster on the Teradata Live Box, you need to install a decent browser for starters:-)
Not applicable

Running aster express on Windows XP; processor check utility successfully done:
But after adjusting bios settings (enable VT; disable trusted execution" according to guidelines) and starting the Queen, I got the message:
"This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU". Does it mean that my laptop (Dell E5400) is not capable starting aster express?
Not applicable

HMai,
I had the same problem (Dell D630) - turn ON (enable) virtualization option in BIOS settings to solve the issue.
Fan

I hate to ask given that this is more of a PoT versus full-scale roll-out but I notice that the queen has a high wait state every 2-3 seconds. Lot's of disk for the queen and some network out (reasonable amount, though) for the node. I thought this was related to how little ram was allocated but have since allocated 3 GB to the queen. I don't see a high TPS for the queen either. When I see the high wait state there is always a "beehive" path process showing high on top (not using very much CPU though). What is the cause of this?
Fan

Also, does the node need to be "prepared" each time you start or is that a one-time hit? I rebooted the queen and node and it appeared that the node needed to be prepared again. I'm at the beginning of this process so I'm hoping that doesn't involve purging the data? It runs for several minutes so I just wanted to understand what was taking place.
Not applicable

Any idea how to configure virtual network in Mac, using VMware fusion?

How can I configure a cluster with Queen on one physical system and worker on another ?? with both physical systems being in the same network ?
Not applicable

I found that as of 2012-08-25, the following web browsers, running on W7Pro SP1, do not work with the AMC: 32-bit or 64-bit Internet Explorer v9, Chrome v21. If you pay attention to Mike's screenshots, there is a clue. I used Mozilla Firefox v14 to connect to and use the AMC.
Not applicable

Hi All,
Am new to Teradata Aster Express. I downloaded aster images and vmware player in my linux system(Cent OS 6.2,64-bit,4-GB Ram).
Both my images are running now. But am unable to login to AMC. Please help me out.