Aster Express - Getting Started

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development
Teradata Employee

Re: Aster Express - Getting Started

The AMC may take a few minutes to start up after the cluster is running, depending on your system hardware, resources, etc. Give it another try. Another test is to use the web browser on the Queen image itself to connect using a 'localhost' URL.

Hi Mike,

I need to install Aster Express on Physical machines/ cluster. Please let me know
1. The bare minimum Hardware and Software configurations required for creation of physical cluster for Aster Express.
2. The installer which can be used for Installing Aster Express Queen & Worker(s) on Physical machines.

I want to explore the latest Advance Analytic functions available with Aster Express and accomplish reporting (using the latest available reporting tools) based on the output of the Advance Analytic functions.

Please suggest regarding the same.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,
Saurabh

This is a nice step by step article. I have vmplayer on linux machine. This is not really an aster question but can anyone explain how I can I match the VMNET8 virtual network with 192.168.100.0 subnet on Linux? Currently vmnet8 on my linux is 172.16.19.1

Actually from another forum I found a way to to change the subnet address - it is pretty neat. http://communities.vmware.com/message/2155960#2155960

#> cd /usr/lib/vmware/bin
#> ln -s appLoader vmware-netcfg
#>./vmware-netcfg

and you edit the address.

Enthusiast

hi,mike.

I am running the aster express in vmware successfully. and I have some question to you .

How can my colleague visit my aster through local area network and NAT.

I used to configure teradata database by vmware NAT via port forwarding,but I can't make it this time in asterdata.

I am not sure how can i make this happen, i want to install the VMon my local network so i can accessable with it my network, please help.

Teradata Employee

Create a new virtual network adapter for the Queen image using the Virtual Machine Settings.  Be sure to make this a 'bridged' adapter so that it connects directly to your LAN.  Then on the Queen, update the Linux network settings (using the network settings tool) to configure this new 'virtual adapter'.  You'll probably set it to DHCP, so that an IP address is assigned on boot.  It is this new IP address that you'll use to connect from the network, not the 'internal' 192.168.100.100 address. 

Is there any way to change the default IP ?

now is using https://192.168.100.100, but I want to change it to https://192.168.11.100  (because testing network issue)

Teradata Employee

Add a virtual network adapter to the Queen image and give it any IP address that you need. 

Enthusiast

Hi Mike, adding a virtual connections works!  However, it does create another bug in the vm player, the virtual server setting crashed every time.  But all good!  Thank you.

Enthusiast

can you please kindly post the stps on how to configure this virtual connections, i am trying to connect the Teradata 14 express with Aster express, and it not working, since the ip address on my host windows is 192.168.1.103 and the ip address on Teradata 14 express is 192.168.1.108 and the ip address on aster is 192.168.100.100,

please kindly let me know how to configure this, so they can talk to each other, currently i can only ping teradata 14 from my host.