Aster Express - Getting Started

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development
Enthusiast

Re: Aster Express - Getting Started

Never Mind it was easy enough, i was doing a small mistake, thank you.

Hi guys

when i try to extract the VM , one of the files is corrupt.

Let me where to download " TD SLES 11 v3.1.1-s003.vmdk " queen file

Thanks

Enthusiast

Wondering about the change to the IP step:  "We'll need to set the IP address to 192.168.100.1" for the VMNet8 setting.

I would like to run Teradata Express and Aster Express at the same time, but this step seems to make the two incompatible.  I can't connect to Teradata Express.

Is there a config where both will work ?

Thanks

Enthusiast

Also, these getting started guides are great !  Thanks very much.

Enthusiast

Sudo requires a password, "Aster" does not work. Ideas?

Enthusiast

Thanks Mike for the sharing, do you know the user id and password to log into SLES 11 when VM Player starts? I didn't find the answer so far.  Thank you.

Teradata Employee

There are 2 logins, based on the Aster image versions.  The  login/password is either "aster/aster" or "root/aster" - all lowercase.

Hi Mike,

I follow your instruction, and setup the static 192.168.11.99 to Queen. It looks great because I can use Firefox to internet.

But when I browse the https//192.168.11.99 (AMC), it always shows "Unable to connect"

And another thing, when I boot the Queen, system stuck in "Starting nCluster services" for minutes, and shows something error I guess because it just quickly change the screen to login page.

Please help me to figure out how could I use my static IP on Queen and Worker node? thanks a lot

Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to install Aster express, but AMC is not working. and also there is such file as "SLES 11" in my unzipped folder of aster.

There are two separated folders of aster queen and aster worker, how do i start both images in one vm player?

I'm using Aster express v6 and vmware plyaer 6.

Thanks,

Pradi

192.168.100.150 is not accessible with this new aster image I am using. I'm trying to alias that IP and also can't use root/aster as the root user/pass. Any suggestions?