Aster Express - Getting Started

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development

Re: Aster Express - Getting Started

By the way, I see the note about using sudo, but that's not cutting it for trying to add an IP alias. It wants root's password specifically to vi a system file.

Hi mike,

How to login the aster-queen and aster-worker in my vmware.

is there any default credentials for that?

can you please help me.........!

Thank you :)

Teradata Employee

Installed Aster Express 6.00.01 on my laptop. And followed each and every configuration showed above but still I am getting this error - 'The network bridge on device VMNet0 is temporarily down because the bridged Ethernet interface...'

From windows command prompt, when pinged - both queen and worker image are not accessible. But strangely from within the VMs, queen and worker can ping each other.

Any ideas experts ? Help will be appreciated

Hi Mike,

When I try to import to queen.vmk file in my VM ware workstation I get the error that,

"The configuration file "C:\Aster 6.00.01\Virtual Images\Aster\Aster Queen\Aster Queen.vmx" was created by a VMware product that is incompatible with this version of VMware Workstation and cannot be used.

Cannot open the configuration file C:\Aster 6.00.01\Virtual Images\Aster\Aster Queen\Aster Queen.vmx."

I am using vmware workstation 8.0 .Can you please guide what version of VMware will be supported ?

Mike,

I cannot get the URL to open. And there are no website warnings. I have windows 8.1

N/A

i use 6 G rams, corei3, win 7- 64 bit, i want to execute data prediction and analysis using aster, could i do this???
Enthusiast

While opening Aster Express on VMware Player, I got following error log:

The configuration file "... Aster Queen.vmx"  was created by a VMware product that is incompatible with this version of VMware Player and cannot be used.

So any tips to fix it? Thanks so much.

N/A

Hi Mike,

I'm facing issue while trying to configure Aster Queen. When I'm logging into AMC using db_superuser/db_superuser then i can see that worker node is already there with a state - New . When I'm trying to do 'Active Cluster' , it's not working . It's always in New state and Queen is in active state . I've tried removing the worker node and again adding but it's throwing error - Node is not reachable .

Can you please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanta Panja