Aster Visualization Spacing

Aster
Enthusiast

Aster Visualization Spacing

I've started building some visualizations in Teradata App Center using Aster, and I'm running into an issue. The viz type I'm using in this example is a Sankey diagram. The visualization is generating correctly, but unfortunately, the data points are spreading WAY far apart, making a relatively small amount of data impossible to see all at once. I've attached a picture showing the issue.

What's interesting is that AppCenter will adjust the viz when I change the width of the browser, but fails to change anything when I modify the height. Also, the verticle scroll bar does not appear on Chrome, making over half of the data show up off the screen. However, in IE (which warns me it isn't compatible- No such warning on Chrome) the verticle scroll bar is there and works perfectly.

Is there any way to change the spacing/positioning of items on visualizations that would help me fix this problem?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Aster Visualization Spacing

The image upload isn't working, so here is a link to the example picture. Because of sensitive data, I cropped it, but the verticle amount of information is all that I can see on my browser, with all of the lower data points out of view.

https://goo.gl/photos/EzZ76ySiSVWkVm6A6

Enthusiast

Hi,

Apparently, it seems to be an issue of your broswer as the visualiation is working fine in IE. You can also try the same in FireFox.

Otherwise, in visuliation settings you will look for the property vertical height (slider) and adjust it as per your requirement.

Khurram

Khurram
Enthusiast

Thanks Khurram!

I was looking for settings for vertical spacing in the logic section of building the app and had failed to see the settings gear in the top left. I have it resolved now.

Enthusiast

Is there a way to sort the order of the boxes in a Sankey diagram? As of now, I can tell it is just using an ascending alphabetical sorting on the first letter of the nPath results. It would be really beneficial if I could sort by Count descending in the diagram.