Aster- document parsing

Aster
Enthusiast

Aster- document parsing

Hey guys

I've want to convert an html/pdf file into tables in Aster. Is there any function to parse documents in Aster. Can somebody help me with issue. I'm really stuck at this and would be greatful if someone can provide me any solution. Thanks.

6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Aster- document parsing

Hello, 

I don't see how to attach files here, so I'm going to point you to the Aster Community post about the documentParser (https://aster-community.teradata.com/community/aster-field-strong/blog/2016/11/15/sql-mr-documentpar...). Here you can download the SQL-MR function and a deck with an explaination on how to install and use it. 

One note is that the function using a driver table which can be created as below:

CREATE FACT TABLE mr_driver (
   id INT
) PARTITION BY HASH(id);
Enthusiast

Hey thanks for replying.. So I have a question, where do I save the zip file so that when I run the install command in ACT, it can access it? I tried doing it before but it gave me an error saying error reading file..

Teradata Employee

Good question! It can be saved anywhere (on your personal machine) if you fully qualify the path:

\install C:\Users\path_stuff\documentParser.zip

For knowledge, if the file you're installing is in the same folder as act.exe then you don't have to fully qualify the location.

Enthusiast

Okay, so I've moved it to the Aster folder -> C:\Users\AsterExpress6.10\Aster6.10\VirtualImages\AsterAstersave1.PNGAsterSave2.PNG

Enthusiast

That's how it looks on my machine. I'm confused when you said act.exe since I login to ACT using putty :( Please help me out here

Teradata Employee

If you are running ACT from the queen instead of your local machine then you will need to FTP the documentParser.zip onto the queen. If you don't have a favorite tool, I reccomend Core FTP Lite. 

Then, after you have moved the file to the Queen (you can tell from the FTP tool the full filepath of your moved .zip) you canrun the \install with the full path on ACT on the Queen. 

ACT can also be run from your local machine by downlaoding the Aster Client Tools from downloads.teradata.com