Eclipse - The other Aster Data SQL client

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development
Teradata Employee

Re: Eclipse - The other Aster Data SQL client

ncluster_loader.exe is located on the queen at /home/beehive/clients_all/linux64. Note there are other OS folders you can find the execuatable too (mac/solaris/win64, etc)

I do quick and dirty loads by moving the ncluster_loader.exe to the /root folder of the queen.  Then I copy the files I want to load to the same folder.  I then execute something like the following:

I fire up PuTTY and point to the Queen and type something like:

ncluster_loader -w beehive employee employee.tsv

If I have a CSV file, I run the following:

ncluster_loader -w beehive -c dept dept.csv

Note you normally do not run ncluster_loader from the Queen but like I said, for quick and dirty it works..  Don't forget to delete the files after you load.

am not able to find the aster development environment what can i do am not able to start a map reduce project from aster 

Teradata Employee

The Aster Development Environment (ADE) consists of 2 software applications.  The first is the open source app ECLIPSE.  Then second part is the Aster plug-in named 'Aster-Data-IDE.zip'.  You'll have to ask an Aster representative where this plug in can be found as it appears it was removed from the web page I originally got it from.

can u suugest me an email address as i have sent to teradata but no one replied me 

Teradata Employee

I assume you are looking for the Aster plug-in executable.  If so, you may email me at mark.ott@teradata.com and I will be happy to email you the plug-in.  Eclipse is easily downloadable via a goole search.