Failed to start cluster activation

Aster
Enthusiast

Failed to start cluster activation

I've followed the "getting started" instructions for Aster Express. I'm using 5.0express-r29890.

Successfully added the Worker node but when I click on "Activate Cluster" I always get "Failed to start cluster activation" in the status bar. I saw during start-up of the worker node that the nCluster service failed to start. 

Is it possible to start the service manually on the worker node?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Martin

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES

Re: Failed to start cluster activation

Good afternoon all,

I have the same Aster configuration as described by Martin above and also the same nCluster fail issues.  The exact error line in whole is "Starting nCluster Services:local.start[3572]: Failed to start Cluster Services Launcher".

Has anyone encountered this before and managed to resolve?

Peter

I'm using Aster Express 6.00.01, under VMware player 6.0.3 build-1895310, and have the same problem with starting up the worker node.  The Queen is running, and responds to console requests.  Can anybody help with this?  Here are a few lines from /var/log/clusterservices.log:

2014-10-14T13:11:02.650821 ERROR 3432 ClusterServiceActions.py:882 PL2015] Failed to register with the Queen. Aborting service startup.

2014-10-14T13:11:02.651335 ERROR 3432 ClusterServiceActions.py:139 PL2027] Start: Registering with Coordinator             [FAILED]

2014-10-14T13:11:02.689059 ERROR 3432 ClusterServiceLauncher.py:1328 PL2000] Cluster Service Start Failed. Rolling back completed Start Actions. Error: Exception - type: <class 'ClusterServiceActions.RegistrationError'>, value: Node registration failed with error code 4, Command PGPASSFILE=/home/beehive/bin/utils/init/pgpass-queen env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/beehive/toolchain/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/python-2.7.3/lib /home/beehive/toolchain/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/python-2.7.3/bin/python /home/beehive/bin/lib/RegistrationClient.py --nodeType worker exited with exit status 4 with error msg Registering with 192.168.100.100

Installed build version: 6.00.01-r40186

List of valid MACs on the system: ['0050563773b0', '005056231478']

Registration Request Failed: Status: 4, Reason: Node not found in queenDb

, traceback ['  File "/home/beehive/cluster-management/clusterservices/ClusterServiceLauncher.py", line 1321, in startClusterServices\n    action.start()\n', '  File "/home/beehive/cluster-management/clusterservices/ClusterServiceActions.py", line 134, in start\n    action()\n', '  File "/home/beehive/bin/lib/aster/PyUtil.py", line 44, in __call__\n    return self.fun(*(self.pending + args), **kw)\n', '  File "/home/beehive/cluster-management/clusterservices/ClusterServiceActions.py", line 883, in registerNode\n    raise RegistrationError(e.exitStatus, str(e))\n']

I'm having the exact same problem with " Aster Express 6.00.01" on VMWare 6.0.5, did anyone get back to you on this?

Hi,

Did anyone get the solution for the error.

"Node not found in queenDb"

thanks

Enthusiast

Hi,

When you login to AMC, can you see the Worker node in Prepared state? If so, only then you can activate the cluster.

Otherwise, I would suggest to note donw the IP of worker, remove the worker using AMC console, add it back again. 

Softrestart, and then Activate. Hope this will solve the issue.

Br,

Khurram

Khurram