Hive Views in Aster

Aster
Enthusiast

Hive Views in Aster

Hi Team,

Can someone please tell me if Hive Views are supported in Aster? It throws me an error message and I do not seem to understand it.

Executed as Single statement.  Failed [34 : HY000] [AsterData][ASTERJDBCDSII](34) ERROR: failed to access hcatalog table hive_view_v: FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.NullPointerException ()

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Hive Views in Aster

Prerequisites to establishing connectivity between Aster Database and HCatalog (along with their compatibility matrix) is contained in “Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance Database User Guide”, Chapter 8, page 321.

Please ensure these prerequisites are followed closely.

Tips for working with and troubleshooting SQL-H is also contained in the same chapter. For example, troubleshooting communication issue between Aster Database and Hadoop may involve:

1. Ensuring all of the required ports for  successful communication between Aster Database and Hadoop are open
  2. Using \extl or \extd (in ACT) to list database and/or describe tables on an external system.
  3. Accessing different tables/view/database to better understand the extent of the issue
  4. Going over relevant sections of Hadoop documentation as mentioned in the  user guide. 

Additional information and explanation to the more common error codes are available in the same chapter.

Aster Database Documentation can be downloaded from:

http://www.info.teradata.com/AsterData/eBrowseBy.cfm?Page=AsterDatabase

Let me know if this helps.