Introducing Aster Express

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development
Teradata Employee

Re: Introducing Aster Express

Take a look at Mark's article showing how he added a 2nd worker: http://developer.teradata.com/aster/articles/configuring-replication-factor-2-in-aster-data-1
Teradata Employee

Excellent, works like a charm!
Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

When the express Aster version upgrade? so we could play around more Aster cool funcations.
Not applicable

Can I install Teradata-Aster Data Connector in Aster Express?
Not applicable

I've conveted this VM to run on vSphere ESXi - but the VM will not get an IP via DHCP and I cannot log into the console. Little help please?

Teradata Employee

Where to download ODBC-driver (windows 7) for Aster?

Trying to connect Tableua to Aster db, need an ODBC data source. What I have found out is that the ODBC installationprogram 'nClusterODBCInstaller_i386.msi' is available on the vmware image for AsterExpress, however to get a copy of that installation program download to my windows 7 host.

Do anyone now where to download the ODBC-driver for Aster? Most of the visualisation tools such as Tableau and Qlik requires ODBC and does not support JDBC.

Thanks in advance

Torbjorn