Teradata Aster: Transfer files from local host to VM

Aster

Teradata Aster: Transfer files from local host to VM

Hi All,

I have windows xp operating system with 64 bit on which i have installed VM player. I have setup Teradata Aster with  queen node and worker node with the following IP 192.168.100.100(queen) and 192.168.100.150(worker).  

Now, i need to ping the virtual machine from local host and need to transfer the files from local host to virtual machine. But, i am unable to achieve that.

Anyone here, have an idea how to acheive this?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Regards,

Ankit Jain

5 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

Re: Teradata Aster: Transfer files from local host to VM

You can use FTP/SFTP or (maybe better for your needs) enable the 'Shared Folder' option in VMware player.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not able to ping the virtual machine server from my local system. I am not sure how to setup the connection between them.

Could you please help me out with this.

Thanks,

Ankit Jain

Junior Supporter

You ought to check the virtual network configuration for your VM. The NAT/BRIDGED/HOST ONLY, ipconfig / ifconfig , masks...

It seems to be a VMware issue, not a Teradata one.

Cheers.

Carlos.

I need to map the VMware IP where aster installed with local IP address.

I am not sure how to proceed on this? I am not able to map both of this IP.

Could you please help?

Teradata Employee

Try ping from host. If are able to ping, you can use tools like WinScp to transfer files.

If you are not able to ping, please refer to document pages 3 to 6: Aster Express Getting Started Guide, that is found in Virtual Images\Aster\Aster Resource.

If you wish to configure IP addresses on the same network as HOST for Queen & Worker, you need to modify the Linux network configurations on the VMs.