Using Aster Express: ACT 2, Loading Data

Aster
Teradata Aster is an analytic platform that embeds MapReduce analytic processing with data stores. •Embedded MapReduce analytic processing and unique SQL-MapReduce® framework •Massively parallel data store for multistructured data •Intuitive tools and SQL-MapReduce libraries for rapid analytic development
Enthusiast

Re: Using Aster Express: ACT 2, Loading Data

Hi Mike,

Thanks for such a nice article. I am from Teradata background and suffering  from a bad habit of comparing newbie (Aster) with its grandfather Teradata. I have 2 questions here

- Like BTEQ , is there any way we could use ACT to load small amount of data  - say a table with 100 rows? You know there is a limitation in Aster which does not allow a join with System table (nc_*) to  non system tables. Believe me, a DBA  has a sincere need to do this. I am using a workaround to export date from nc_* tables to a flat file, loading it back in a staging table and do my stuff using staging copy. I prefer not to use ncluster_loader for such small load. 

- In ACT tool, we have --config-file option to pass logon parameter via a file . Is there any way we could do same in ncluster_export,ncluster_loader?  I did read documentation and found nothing.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Ravi SIngh

Teradata Employee

Hi Mike, i'm following the steps using the Aster 6 express image. There don't seem to be any demo files on that one, is that correct?

Thanks,

Tobias

Not applicable

Quick question...

May I know where I can find the bank_web_data.zip file now?

Thank you.

Teradata Employee

Hi Mike, I have a question, If there is some blank col value in the source flat file which I want to load with, ncluster_loader will give an error in the case of Integer type of the colum. How could I do it properly, or load all data with type varchar(n) and then update the table collumn type

Teradata Employee

Hi Mike!!

Are there any options for skip the row when error occurs using ncluster loader?

Teradata Employee

There is an option to skip errors.  You can always see the options by running

ncluster_loader --help

Here is the option to skip malformed rows.

--el-discard-errors       Specified that all errors (malformed tuples) be

discarded by nCluster. The default is disabled.

Not applicable

Thanx Mike for wonderful article, I have completed act-part1 and act-part2, its very informative and well presented.

One silly question how we copy and paste(keyboard shortcut) on aster-queen console