using Teradata Stored Procedures to pull data into Aster

Aster
Teradata Employee

using Teradata Stored Procedures to pull data into Aster

I am unable to get a stored procedure call that returns a dynamic data set to execute from Aster via the TDConnector. Is this becasue the QueryGrid function load_from_teradata only supposts a SQL Select statement, period? If so, is there any other method or function that can call a TD SP to return data to aster and load into an Aster table?

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: using Teradata Stored Procedures to pull data into Aster

Hi,

load_from_Teradata is an MR function that can only be called inside a SELECT statement. But you can call this select query inside Procedure and use the resultset in your procedure.

Please let me know what actually you want to achieve?

Br,

Khurram

Khurram
Teradata Employee

So, I am trying to call a teradata stored procedure due to complex processing that works best on teradata (push-down). The stored procedure then returns a result set (dynamic data set) which needs to be loaded into an Aster table. Basically, I need an SQL-MR function that allows one to execeute a stored procedure native to teradata.

Enthusiast

One possible option is to execute the procedure on Teradata and store the results in a table, then use that table as source in load_from_teradata MR function.

Khurram