Error running Restore. 15.10, DSA/Netbackup, replicated between EMC Data Domains

Backup Archive and Restore (BAR)
All things BAR

Error running Restore. 15.10, DSA/Netbackup, replicated between EMC Data Domains

I am attempting to restore from a backup onto a separate appliance. The backups are DSA/NetBackup, the data is replicated from one EMC Domain to another, the restore job is running on BAR server at remote location also using DSA.

Error Code: 1143 Error Message: 1143: DSA DSMAIN-BARNC Communication Exception: Got boost exception of asio.misc:2:End of file, orig_count = 1115120, count = 1115120, bytesRead = 0.

Warning Code: 1143 Warning Message: More information: Startup Listener node = 002-05. This job was running on master node 001-05 and partition 20.

Any ideas on what to look at would be appreciated. For some reason this has me perplexed. I can answer questions if more info is needed.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Error running Restore. 15.10, DSA/Netbackup, replicated between EMC Data Domains

'llo,

Don't think the exit/error code is specific enough and there quite a few areas to look at ie.

• duplicating backup images from one Data Domain to another
    • depends if you are using NetBackup or Data Domain based replication/duplication
    • if duplicating you will probably need to ensure the Primary Flag is set on the appropriate Copy
  • I assume using a different NetBackup Media Server/Clienthandler to restore from
    • Media ownership can sometimes get in the way, again depending on BAR architecture you may need to set up a Restore Group
  • using an appropriate scheme to COPY/RESTORE to the Target Teradata system
    • generally the only time you would do a true RESTORE to another system is after initilising the target otherwse you would usually do a COPY

I'd suggest figuring out your specific use case and then consulting with a Teradata BAR Specilist to address your particular issue in relation to your environment.

ta'

Enthusiast

Re: Error running Restore. 15.10, DSA/Netbackup, replicated between EMC Data Domains

Did you ever discover the solution, Steve?  I received that same error this morning.