Migrate ARCmain Backups to DSA

Backup Archive and Restore (BAR)
All things BAR

Migrate ARCmain Backups to DSA

Greetings,

I'm currently working on the migration from NetVault to NetBackup, however, I need to get all ARCmain Backups transformed into DSA Backups due to governemental regulations, is there a way to do it ?

Regards,

pabloVAF

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Migrate ARCmain Backups to DSA

Pablo,

the situation depicted it's not so clear.

As mentioned before you cannot restore ARCMAIN backups with DSA, as you cannot restore DSA backups using ARCMAIN.

They are two separate Teradata Backup tools.

Hope this helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

I haven't used this option but there is a "Migrate ARC script" that will allow you to import and convert an existing ARC script into the DSA backup job.This option is available is BAR portlet (click on New Job). Only the job list will get migrated and not the other Netvault related job attributes.

Previous versions of DSA had some issues when trying to import ARC script (related to arc file format). Not sure if those are all fixed.

You may also want to check TD DSA user guide for more details.

Abhishek Jadhav

Thank you Abhishek_Jadhav1 for your reply,

However, I am looking for a way to transform all my backups in Arcmain format into a DSA format, I'm not talking about jobs but actual data.

Teradata Employee

Hi Pablo,

as said by Abhishek there is an option in the Viewpoint BAR Operation Portlet that transalte ARCMAIN scripts in DSA job scripts.

On the 15.10 version i tested it and it seemed OK, but still i re-developed all the previous backup ARCMAIN scripts (more or less 10) to DSA jobs in order to review the scripts and avoid possible issues.

Then, if you want to restore Data backupped with ARCMAIN using DSA, you cannot do that.

Daniele

Greetings Dany3R9,

Thank you for your answer, I unfortunately expected that. Isn't there even a hard way to restore the ARCmain backup data then transform it into DSA?

Teradata Employee

Pablo,

the situation depicted it's not so clear.

As mentioned before you cannot restore ARCMAIN backups with DSA, as you cannot restore DSA backups using ARCMAIN.

They are two separate Teradata Backup tools.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I know Rainstor was the only one which could move Arcmain related data to its own schema/database.

I understand Rainstor was acquired by Teradata.

You need to chat with your Teradata team.

From what I know, you can't move your Arcmain tape data to DSA directly.