Are Follow Ups necessary in Comm. Plans?

CIM, RTIM, TCIS
Customer Interaction Manager, Real-Time Interaction Manager, TD Channel Integration Services
Enthusiast

Are Follow Ups necessary in Comm. Plans?

Hi,

I was wondering if we can go straight from a Timeout to another Step, instead of going through a Follow Up. IMHO Is there a legacy reason for using Follow Ups? AFAIK I can connect non-terminating Timeouts directly to another step. However, Teradata folks during our setup seem to always use Follow Ups. So, there must be a reason, right?

Thanks,

-- Johnny
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Are Follow Ups necessary in Comm. Plans?

Johnny,
Thanks for your post. Here is an answer from one of our PS consultants, but if this doesn't answer your question could you share a few more details.
thanks,
Carol

ANSWER: yes you can go from a time-out to a step…not sure what they mean by follow-up…you can ONLY connect a timeout to a step…it may be just what they named the step. Need some more details.
Enthusiast

Thanks, Carol.

Here are some more details:

In comm plans that were set up by Teradata, non-terminating Timeouts were not connected to other steps. For steps with non-terminating Timeouts, they added a process called "Follow Up" (with a default duration of 2 days), and then these were connected to other steps.

[First Step]
|
|--(non-terminating Timeout, e.g., 2 days)
|
|--(Follow Up, e.g., 2 days)-------------------[Step Two]

In the diagram above, couldn't the non-terminating Timeout be set to 4 days and then be connected directly to Step Two?

I had not thought of this before, but could the "Follow Up" have been custom created for us?

Thanks again!

-- Johnny
Teradata Employee

Johnny,
One of our SME's said it might be best to have a 'live' conversation on this to figure out if the "follow up" was custom for you. She said she can help you better if she can talk through this with you. If you're okay with that, please send me an email at carol.barker@ncr.com with your phone number and I'll have her contact you directly. thanks, Carol
Teradata Employee

Johnny,
Here is another response to your original post...
Carol

"It would appear to me that the campaigns were implemented to meet a specific need.

It is entirely possible to go from a timeout directly to the next step. Examples of this are where the lead was not actioned at the first step, after X days the lead is escalated to a manager (the next step)."
Enthusiast

Thank you, Carol.

It is entirely possible that the Follow Up process was created to meet a specific need. I was not involved with the original installation.

However, it is interesting to me that Follow Up is not part of the standard set of comm plan processes.

And, it is comforting to know that going from a non-terminating Timeout to another Step is part of acceptable practice. (Before, I thought I was missing some sort of TCRM insight. :-)

Thanks, again.