C++ compiler

CIM, RTIM
Customer Interaction Manager, Real-Time Interaction Manager, TD Channel Integration Services
Teradata Employee

C++ compiler

I am running base setup of TRM ver 6.2, when running scripts of lead DB there is an error, when i check the log it says C++ Compiler is missing, can someone tell me how to configure C++ compiler. Do i need to install Complete visual studio or something else can resolve this?
5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: C++ compiler

In the instruction manual there is specification to install the C++ compiler and it is different for different versions of Teradata.
For Teradata 12 I ran into this problem and installed MS Visual Studio 2003 with the C++ module and it worked
Enthusiast

Official documentation reference: Teradata Database V2R6.0 for Microsoft Windows 2000 Installation Guide
Chapter 5: Install Microsoft Visual C++ .Net 2003 Compiler

I'm not too sure about installing it on OS other than Windows.
Teradata Employee

Teradata requires C++ compiler .... the question of "what compiler" depends on the answer of "what OS".

You can get the list of supported OS and C++ compiler from help/support.

Regards,

MAC
Enthusiast

Hi
Monisiqbal,

can please help house keeping explanation and list of house keeping tables or views or macros and query. I would appreciate if you proved as soon as Possible

Thanks

Enthusiast

ramubindu, are you asking your question in context of this topic (C++ Compiler)? or is it a general query about Teradata housekeeping? If it's the latter then look into regular purging of ResUsage, DBQL, AMPUsage, AccLogTbl, LogOnOff tables/views, Data integration of DBC.AccessRights, DBC.Acctg etc. More detail can be found in Teradata documentation's "Database Administration" doc.