Access VBA connection to Teradata Express VM 15.10

Connectivity
far
Fan

Access VBA connection to Teradata Express VM 15.10

Hi, I'm not sure where I am going wrong and have been trying to get this working for several nights now.  Hopefully someone is able to pick what has happened.

I have Teradata Express 15.10 running in a VM on ESXi (converted using standard VMWare provided convertor).

In another VM  (Windows 8.1) I have installed TTU15.

I created a 32bit ODBC system DSN connection using Teradata driver.

SQL  Assistant/Adminstrator can connect to Teradata Express via ODBC connection - but only using mechanism of TD2.  Teradata.net attempts all fail.   BTEQ connects OK (unless I specify .logmech ldap which causes failure).  This isn't my issue, just information that may assist.  Basically it does connect but only in some formats.

My issue is that I can't get any connectivity from Access VBA  - some of the endless connection string tried (yes still using default dbc logon so haven't bothered hiding pw) are:

cn.Open "DSN=Tdata32;Driver=Teradata;Databasename=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "DSN=Tdata32;Driver=Teradata;Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "DSN=Tdata32;Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "Provider=Teradata;DSN=Tdata32;Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "Provider=Teradata;DBCName=ip address;Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "DSN=TDE;Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=TDE;Driver={Teradata};Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

cn.Open "Driver=Teradata;DBCNAME=TD-EXPRESS;LOGMECH=TD2;USEINTEGRATEDSECURITY=N;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc"

cn.Open "Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=TDE;Driver={Teradata};Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;"

I've put TD-EXPRESS in the windows hosts file and tried that but it resolves on network OK if pinged anyway.

Any suggestions would be really welcome,

Thanks

[Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Access VBA connection to Teradata Express VM 15.10

Seems the PWD value isn't being passed through MSDASQL to TD ODBC. Try

cn.Open "DSN=TDE;Database=PVDATA;Uid=dbc;Pwd=dbc;PersistSecurityInfo=true;"

far
Fan

Thanks for the response but no luck.  Is there somewhere I can look for connection log files to see what the issue is from the Teradata Express side?

far
Fan

Maybe some more info that will assist - I tried linking a Teradata table to Access and it maybe gives slightly more info.  After selecting the ODBC driver it pops up a message "cannot find terasso library" prior to loading the Teradata ODBC Database Connection window - which after putting the password in ends with "ODBC--call failed   [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on (#0)". 

i've uninstalled and reinstalled the entire TTU15 package but no luck - still the same error.

far
Fan

OK, its looking very much like some sort of bug in the Teradata TTU 15.00 terasso.dll file. 

Luckily I found this:   https://forums.teradata.com/forum/connectivity/excel-vba-connectivity

and had a work laptop here which has the 14.10 TTU install, so could get a copy of the older generation of DLL file and replaced the current version with it.

Is there somewhere to log this sort of thing to get fixed?