Accessing TD using MS Access/Excel - using ldap

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Accessing TD using MS Access/Excel - using ldap

Hi,

I need to access TD (12) using MS Access and/or Excel. My login user name is configured to use ldap for authentication. ODBC version is 12.0.0.1.

A. MS Excel 2007:
The connection steps seem to work smoothly until it displays the list of available TD tables. Then, it displays the ODBC connection dialogue. After entering the authentication details, which I use successfully with TD SQL Assistant, I get the following consecutive error messages.
1. [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] The UserID, Password or Account is invalid.
2. After pressing OK on the above dialogue, the following comes up: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver] Unable to logon with Authentication Mechanism selected.

Note: The connection string, which is generated by MS Excel follows (where xxx is my userID and yyy is my password).
DSN=02_Teradata_DevB;UID=abdeenb; AUTHENTICATION=ldap;AUTHENTICATIONPARAMETER=xxx@@yyy ;

B. MS Access 2007:
External Data --> More --> ODBC Database --> Import --> ODBC connection dialogue. After entering the authentication details, which I use successfully with TD SQL Assistant, I get the following error message.
Error in Procedure: Build Reports - data
Error Number: 3151
Error Description: ODBC--connection to '00_Teradata_Prod' failed.

Note: the Connection String used:
Public Const sConn As String = "ODBC;DSN=00_Teradata_Prod;UID=wongat;PWD=Burwood54;TLO=0;"

Teradata Version:
RELEASE 12.00.03.28_cba
VERSION 12.00.03.28.dr144229.d145063

Thanks and Regards,
Bilal Abdeen
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Accessing TD using MS Access/Excel - using ldap

Some of the connectivity problems with LDAP/connection-string were fixed in later ODBC Efixes. Please upgrade to latest ODBC driver, which is 12.0.0.14.
Enthusiast

Thanks. The latest, which I found on this web site, is 12.00.00.07. Do you have the link for 12.00.00.14?
Teradata Employee

Before http://downloads.teradata.com/download page is updated with latest versions, you can download 12.0.0.14 from Teradata Software Server accessible via Teradata@your_service