I am working on .Net applications that utilize the .Net data provider and I have lost ability to connect to Teradata, whether I am in custom code or using the SQL Assistant. When I try to connect, no matter what I put in the connection timeout setting, it waits that long and gives:  The receive operation timed out. This occurs if I type an incorrect password or my correct one. I have tried to reinstall the Teradata software and tried the repair option as well. I have re-booted my machine, nothing helps with this issue. I have tried using WireShark to look at the packets, but can't find issues that would assist me. My co worker can use my login successfully, so I have elimininated it being a user issue. It seems to be machine specific, it's become very frustrating as this happened 2 weeks ago and I had to restore my VM from a backup. I am very concerned that is has happened again and cannot find a cause, restoring is a time consuming process and I have no reason all connections would fail on a given machine.