Attunity Data Connector to Teradata

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Attunity Data Connector to Teradata

Hello,

On a SQL Server 2014, a Solution was created with Visual Studio 2013, that also has the SQL Server Data Tools installed, along with the data connectors from Attunity specific for Teradata. The solution, when logged on the server, and opened/run from the server are fine and error free.

In an effort to not use a generic ID and always Remote Desktop to the server and develop straight on it, and unable to share the environment, I have setup my PC with matching versions of SQL Server, Visual Studio, SSDT, and the Attunity for Teradata Connectors. And when on the local PC and connecting to the server that way, and navigating to the shared drive where the solution file is, I get Teradata connection error, complaining about Annuity.

Example of errors:

When I open the package, get get errors when I first open it, and it seems to be primarily related to the load packages, the main error I get is:
"Microsoft Visual Studio is unable to load this document: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "
Followed in this solutions case with 14 errors, all reading like this:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Error loading Load SQL SubDaily Dyn Dims.dtsx: The component metadata for "Teradata Src Device" could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component. The PerformUpgrade method failed. X:\Visual Studio 2013\projects\ABHS_BI_Daily\ABHS_BI_Daily\Load SQL SubDaily Dyn Dims.dtsx 1

and

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Error loading Load SQL SubDaily Dyn Dims.dtsx: The managed pipeline component "AttunitySSISTeraSrc.8" could not be loaded. The exception was: Could not load type 'AttunitySSISTeraSrc.8' from assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.PipelineHost, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'.. X:\Visual Studio 2013\projects\ABHS_BI_Daily\ABHS_BI_Daily\Load SQL SubDaily Dyn Dims.dtsx 1

Does anyone else use Attunity from the PC, or have experience with this connector and connecting SQL Server to Teradata for loading?

Thanks,

DG

2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Attunity Data Connector to Teradata

A little more details, Attnity for Teradata, is for SQL Servers SSIS to connect to Teradata namely to take advantage of the TPT utilities off high speed loading. It is installed on the local SQL Server, is seen by the VS tool that is installed on the local server.

The issue is when I connect to the SQL Server with Visual Studio from local local PC, and open the SSIS solution, that it complains for Attunity. And I have found the correct Attunity package for my SSQL Server and Visual Studio packages, and installed it, and I still get the same errors.

What do I need to look into, is it a setting in Attunity, in SQL Server or the existing VS SSIS Solution package?

Teradata Employee

Re: Attunity Data Connector to Teradata

Need to install TPT components on local PC as well.