Can I use the Teradata ODBC Linux drivers with Mac OS X

Connectivity

Can I use the Teradata ODBC Linux drivers with Mac OS X

Hi,

I have been using Windows and Python as a scripting interface to access Teradata. I recently switched to a Mac, and wondering if I could use the ODBC linux drivers for connecting to Teradata using Python on a Mac. 

I tried using JDBC drivers, but unfortunately couldnt find a good enough python package that supports JDBC

Any help would be appreciated !

5 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Can I use the Teradata ODBC Linux drivers with Mac OS X

There's a Teradata Client for OSX including BTEQ, TPT and ODBC.

But it's located on Teradata's patch server, so probably only for customers and not freely available :(

Teradata Employee

The Teradata ODBC Driver for Mac OS X is intended to be freely available for download from Developer Exchange (it is not limited to customers only) but the download packages are simply not ready yet -- we are working on it.

Enthusiast

Teradata studio should work great on a Mac. 

Any idea when the Teradata ODBC Driver for Mac OS X might be ready?  Tableau is releasing their Mac OS X version of Tableau Desktop (currently in beta) and at Cisco is both a big user of Teradata and Tableau.

Teradata Employee

Teradata ODBC driver for Mac OS X is already available for Teradata partners and customers.  Please contact your Teradata customer service representative, he should be able to guide you on how to get it.

It is not available yet to download from DevX.  We are working on it.