Cannot connect from oracle database to teradata database

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Cannot connect from oracle database to teradata database

We are running a java program that is supposed to connect to a teradata warehouse.

Suddenly in the last two weeks the process with takes several hours and cannot connect to retrieve data and pull it over, of eventually connects after several hours and pulls the data.

Most of the time after a few hours we get this error message:

X_ERROR_MESSAGE..................: JAVA ERROR during CIW Customer Extract:com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.05] [Error 8028] [SQLState HY000] The LAN message Authentication is invalid.

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

10 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Cannot connect from oracle database to teradata database

The 8028 message from the Teradata gateway listener is essentially saying that the logon request has been corrupted. Check to make sure you don't have some sort of network issue.

Also, I would upgrade the JDBC driver to the current version (or at least 15.00.00.13).

Enthusiast

Thanks, Fred. 

I taked to the data warehouse. They are on 14.1 we are on 14.0.0.5.

So maybe moving up to 14.1 on our db would be what we should.

Teradata Employee

The current level of the JDBC driver (15.10) is supported for connections to TD 13.10 and later.

Enthusiast

I see. I did up the version on my Oracle db to be in line with the teradata system. Both 14.10.  Still can't connect. Process just keeps running. Going to try to turn on a trace.

Enthusiast

Ok, I read the ReadMe for 14.10.00.42 which came out middle of December.

It seems to have a line item address the error I keep getting.

DR 148119 JDBC failing intermittently with "The LAN message Authentication is invalid"

Enthusiast

This is still failing.

After installing version 14.10.00.42 released Dec. 16th.

Error message:

java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.42] [Error 8028] [SQLState HY000] The LAN message Authentication is invalid.

call to swgl_get_ciw_java_fun failed

swgl_get_ciw_fun - exit (failure)

JAVA ERROR during CIW Customer Extract:java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.42] [Error 8028] [SQLState HY000] The LAN message Authentication is invalid.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

End of log messages from FND_FILE

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Teradata Employee

In the past, we have seen that type of exception occur due to outdated Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) libraries being present in the JVM.

This problem is too complex to troubleshoot via this forum. If you are a customer, please open a customer incident so we can work with you.

Enthusiast

Thanks. We have one open...RECGPR4UY

But I'm not getting a lot of support through that. Haven't heard from anyone in two weeks.

We are on an Oracle Database. We are connecting via TeraJDBC to a Teradata warehouse. The connection had been working for years. 

Suddenly, now, we get the Lan Authentication is invalid error message.

I need someone to talk to. To view my setup...anything. We are a very large company/client. 

Thank you,

Tim

Teradata Employee

I assigned an engineer from my team to investigate your incident.