Cannot connect to database using Linux Teradata client 15.10

Connectivity
Fan

Cannot connect to database using Linux Teradata client 15.10

Hi, I have a Linux machine with Teradata client 14.10 which works nicely with the database.

On another Linux machine where client 15.10 is installed, I cannot connect to the same database using the same connection string.

The error I get is "STATE=632, CODE=0, MSG=523 630", which, unfortunately, is not too helpful.

What could be the problem?

./tdxodbc  -C "DRIVER=Teradata;SERVER=teradata141;UID=dbc;PWD=dbc;DBCNAME=MSTEST"

Connecting with SQLDriverConnect("DRIVER=Teradata;SERVER=teradata141;UID=dbc;PWD=*;DBCNAME=MSTEST")...

adhoc: (SQL Diagnostics) STATE=632, CODE=0, MSG=523 630

ODBC connection closed.

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Re: Cannot connect to database using Linux Teradata client 15.10

I had the same problem and fixed by setting ODBCINI environment variable: ODBCINI=/opt/teradata/client/ODBC_64/odbc.ini

I think this is a bug, for DSN-less connections odbc.ini should be ignored.

Teradata Employee

Does anyone know if there is a Teradata DR related to this issue?

Specificially this does not work (gets the error shown in the original post):

ODBCINI=/opt/teradata/client/15.10/odbc_64/odbc.ini

But this does work:

ODBCINI=/opt/teradata/client/ODBC_64/odbc.ini

Teradata Employee

The ODBCINST file for the driver manager maps the driver name Teradata to the actual tdata.so library.

But if ODBCINST isn't set, the driver checks the ODBCINI file [ODBC] section to locate the InstallDir path.

Hi all,

Currently we are working on Teradata 14, while we are connecting to SQL Assistant unable to open Machine Data Source Pop Menu. It's just displaying loading symbol. Please try to solve this issue. Thanks in Advance !!