Cannot find terasso library.

Connectivity

After installing the Teradata drivers (v13) I get the following error when selecting the Teradata driver in the ODBC Data Source Administrator when trying to create a DSN in Windows 2003 Server. I have tried this on several servers with clean builds and it occurs every time. Any ideas?

Error Details:

---------------------------
Teradata ODBC Driver Setup
OK

3 REPLIES

Re: Cannot find terasso library.

I ran MS Filemon to see what might be going on. Odbdcad32.exe was trying to access terasso.dll an the folder "C:\Program Files\DataDirect\ODBC32v52\Drivers". terasso.dll doesn't exist in that folder. I copied the dll from "C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.0\ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib" to "C:\Program Files\DataDirect\ODBC32v52\Drivers" and I no longer get the error. Would you trust this "fix"?
Teradata Employee

"ODBC Driver for Teradata" is not related to DataDirect products/ODBC drivers.

I think the PATH must be modified to point to the "ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib" directory.
Teradata Employee

See the ReadMe file; I think the following issue might be applicable to your scenario:

PROBLEM/ISSUE
============

Environment Variable PATH does not get updated after installing a Custom application on
Windows Server 2003

Workaround
==========
1) mstsc - open session in console mode

When installing Teradata Tools and Utilities software on a Windows Server 2003 system
using a terminal session opened with "mstsc", open the session in console
mode: "mstsc /console". Otherwise, the Windows Server 2003 system will have to be
rebooted after installing the software.

2) logoff followed by logging on

3) Enter the Environment variables dialog box and touch one of the variables and select OK.