Cannot install Teradata to my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop

Connectivity

Cannot install Teradata to my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop

Hi,

I've been attempting to install Teradata Tools and Utilities 15.00.00.00 for about a week now but to no avail. I've received advice from Teradata recommending getting Teradata Express (runs on VMware Player) plus Teradata Studio. I was advised that essentially all I need is a Winzip utility and the VMware player to successfully set up the database.

It seems though every time I try to install something, I receive a message advising that I need to download something else due to compatibility.

My laptop is Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit operating system with 4.00 GB of installed memory).

I have successfully installed VMware Player (version 6.0.7) and the icon is displayed on my desktop!

I have installed Java (version 8, update 60) as it was one of the pop up boxes mentioned earlier.

I have installed .Net Data Provider for Teradata 15.11 as a message advised that 'set up could not locate .Net Provider for Teradata on your system. Please install 14.11 or later before running SQL Assistant', but this doesn't.

I have downloaded the 'TeraJDBC_indep_indep.15.10.00.07' folder as , a message stated that I need this to connect to Teradata. I can't install though.

I have downloaded the I have 'ODBC suite' folder as once again, a message stated that I need this to connect to Teradata. I can't install though.

There is a chance that I've gone overboard here, but I am simply following the message advice. Is anyone who has had experience installing SQL Assistant able to guide me please.

Thanks to anyone that can. Michael.