Connecting Business Objects to Teradata

Connectivity

Connecting Business Objects to Teradata

Hi

I am running windows 7 on a 64bit machine and I want to connect to Teradata using SAP Business Objects. My first step is to create a JDBC connection but I am failling to see the drivers on the System DSN. I have downloaded both .jar files and I am confused on what to do next. I need to configure a JDBC connection but I dont have a clue on what to do.

Can anybody assist with the steps or documentation on how to configure the connection?

Regards

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Connecting Business Objects to Teradata

There is a good chance you're looking at the 64bit ODBC manager, the one you want is the 32bit.

For our BO install we have to create an ODBC, rather than JDBC DSN called PNCR

To access the 32bit ODBC manager try this in run (win key + R).

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

It seems counter intutive, but Microsoft put all the 64bit versions in system32 and all the 32bit versions in syswow64. Even more confusingly, they all have the same name!

for example

C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe <- is 64bit!

Hi,

I managed to load the Teradata ODBC drivers on my laptop and created a Systen DSN using those drivers. The System DSN works fine from my laptop as I able to see the database and tables. When I upload my SAP BusinessObjects connection to the BOBJ server, I get an error thet reads "Specified drivers could not be loaded due to system error 193: (Teradata, D:\Program files(x86)\Teradata\Client\14.10\ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664\Lib\tdata32.dll

How do I resolve this issue?

Please help. The server is a windows server 2008 R2 64-bit machine and running BO version 4.1 SP2.

Regards

N/A

Make sure to install and configure BOTH 32 and 64 bit ODBC for Teradata. Both have to have the same DSN name pointing to the same server in order for BOBJ to work properly.

Is there a reconmendation on what versions of TD have certified with Business Objects, Informatica and SAS.