Connecting to Teradata.net

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Connecting to Teradata.net

I want to connect to teradata.net via batch file. Version of teradata i am using is 13.10, i don't know whether it has bteq enabled or not?

Also i have tried sqla -c DBNAME [[\userid]\pwd] and it gives me error : not enough information to logon. When I write my IP in place of DBNAME the error changes to : data source name not found and no default driver specified

Can any tell me how to solve this issue?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Connecting to Teradata.net

To connect via Teradata.net you would need:

sqla -p Td -c "dbs\user\pwd"

Enthusiast

Hey thanks man, it worked. Can I write this in my .bat file and run a code?

Enthusiast

Hi,

I am using Teradata.Net connection in my SQL assistant. I am trying to create QUEUE table but it gives me an error " CREATE TABLE Failed. [3706] Syntax error: Expected GLOBAL TEMPORARY."

I suspect it maybe odbc settings. However, in our env it is Teradata.Net connection.

I can't change to ODBC. I don't know what settings are done. I have to use only Teradata.Net.

Anyone has encountered this issue: where to change in SQL Assistant with Teradata.Net

Thanks and regards,

Raja

Junior Contributor

Hi Raja,

if you don't show the actual query it's hard to tell, but it looks like you wrote CREATE QUEUE TABLE xxx instead of CREATE TABLE xxx, QUEUE

Enthusiast

Hi Dieter,

The query :

CREATE SET TABLE ABC, QUEUE (

cart_qits TIMESTAMP(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(6),

comp_id INTEGER,

amt INTEGER,

city varchar(10) )

PRIMARY INDEX (comp_id);

I have another clarification too, if I can use a where clause or not in select , so that I will not waste time experimenting, with my setup.

Thanks and regards,

Raja

Junior Contributor

Hi Raja,

the create works for me using SQL Assistant plus dotNet.

If it's a SLECECT AND CONSUME it must be a plain select without any WHERE/JOIN/GROUP/ORDER. Without CONSUME you can do whatever you want. 

Enthusiast

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the info.

I tried to change from Teradata.net to odbc, it does not work. This is the first time I am working with this setup Teradata.net. I dont have any idea about it. Even some OLAP queries like---- with sum(...)  by fields, it is complaining.

Regards,

Raja

Junior Contributor

Hi Raja,

WITH SUM is not an OLAP query, it's a proprietary syntax for BTEQ reports which doesn't return a tabular result set and therefore can't be displayed in an answer set grid.

Enthusiast

Thanks Dieter.