Connecting to Teradata through ASP.NET using C#

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Connecting to Teradata through ASP.NET using C#

i am wondering if anyone has built an application and connected to Teradata through the application?
if so, i am wondering what the connection string should look like in the code behind. also, is there a namespace that i should use in order to get Teradata options in asp.net?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Connecting to Teradata through ASP.NET using C#

Hello,

You can use:

- .NET Data Provider for Teradata
- ODBC Data Provider

Both can be downloaded from "http://www.teradata.com/DownloadCenter/".

Following sample queries can be used (www.connectionstrings.com):

- Data Source=myServerAddress;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword; (.NET Data provider)
- Provider=Teradata;DBCName=MyDbcName;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword; (ODBC)

HTH.

Regards,

Adeel
Teradata Employee

Additionally, in case of .NET Data Provider after installing and adding reference, you can use "Teradata.Client.Provider" namespace.

Regards,

Adeel
Enthusiast

when i try using the Teradata.Client.Provider namespace, it doesnt recognize it. does the .Net Provider have to be in a certain location for .Net to see it?
Enthusiast

nevermind. i forgot to add the reference to the .net provider. got it. thank you very much

Hi
'm also having same trouble that using "Teradata.Client.Provider" namespace is not getting recognized. Can you elaborate that what you meant by forgetting to add the reference to .net provider. Also can you provide sample code from your file.

Thanks,

Hi,

I dont have teradata database connected to my LAN. I have made a windows GUI and I wanted to connect it to teradata database which is at some other location. Is it possible through the data provider for teradata, to connect to the database and perform any SQL operations?

Thanks,
Silpa
Teradata Employee

.NET Data Provider uses TCP/IP to connect to Teradata Database. Do you have network connectivity between the two locations (WAN)? You can use Teradata SQL Assistant with .NET Data Provider to test the connectivity between the two location. You can also use NQuery (it is installed in ".NET Data Provider Instllation Directory"\Samples\Bin directory) to test connectivity to the other location.