Connection Reset Error when querying Teradata 12 from ODBC

Connectivity

Connection Reset Error when querying Teradata 12 from ODBC

Hello All,

When running some reports against the below version of Teradata, I am getting the following error. It seems to happen when the system is under load. A report which fires this error may run fine an hr later. I am pretty sure it's a connection or env limitation being hit but I am relitavely new to Teradata and need advice on how to troubleshoot from the DB side. I am very experienced with RDBMS just not that familiar with Teradata.

Error:

[NCR][Unix system error] 131 Socket error - Connection reset by peer, BufferLength = 512, TextLengthPtr = 69

Env

Teradata data base version: 12.00.00.02
ODBC driver: 12.00.00.08
O/S Solaris 10

Question: I am looking for troubleshooting steps (sql samples, patches etc) to help me identify what might be causing this on the teradata side. Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Connection Reset Error when querying Teradata 12 from ODBC

The 12.0 ODBC version you are using is old. Currently, we are only supporting bug fixes for 13.0 and 13.10 products. Your best option is going to be to use the 13.0 ODBC version. Keep in mind that these products are Backward compatible with older versions of the Teradata Database.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

-Darrick

Re: Connection Reset Error when querying Teradata 12 from ODBC

For sure, will do.