Could you tell me the reason why login time out?

Connectivity

Could you tell me the reason why login time out?

I could connect the DBS via bteq when the program was retrying to connect to TD DBS(14f.00.00.00).
But who can tell me it is an issue of c3p0 module or TeraDriver?
DEBUG com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool - An exception occurred while acquiring a poolable resource. Will retry.
com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.18] [Error 1276] [SQLState 08S01] Exceeded login timeout for 153.64.211.204
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:93)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:68)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionBase.checkRemainingLoginTime(ConnectionBase.java:91)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericEncryptContextState.action(GenericEncryptContextState.java:119)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:120)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.(TDSession.java:218)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:30)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:22)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:127)
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:219)
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:152)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:134)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:171)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:152)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1074)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquireAndDecrementPendingAcquiresWithinLockOnSuccess(BasicResourcePool.java:1061)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1796)
at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:620)
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Re: Could you tell me the reason why login time out?

It is timeout too when using like:
{code}
Class.forName("com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver");
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:teradata://" + getDBServer().getIp(), getDBServer().getDbUsername(), getDBServer().getDbPassword());
{code}
to get a new connection.
Teradata Employee

>>> Could you tell me the reason why login time out?

By default, there is no login timeout for the Teradata JDBC Driver.

The exception you listed "Exceeded login timeout" occurs when you specify a non-zero login timeout using the either the DriverManager.setLoginTimeout method or the DataSource.setLoginTimeout method.

Hi Tomnolan,

we got the same error when connecting teradata, could you tell us what properites the com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionBase.checkRemainingLoginTime method is looking for, so that we can set that value to avoid being timeout, or could you paste the code in com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionBase.checkRemainingLoginTime?

another question is do you provide source code of the teradata jdbc so that we can check the error our selves. currently there is not enough information for us to trouble shooting.

Hi Tomnolan,

we got the same error when connecting teradata, could you tell us what properites the com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionBase.checkRemainingLoginTime method is looking for, so that we can set that value to avoid being timeout, or could you paste the code in com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionBase.checkRemainingLoginTime?

another question is do you provide source code of the teradata jdbc so that we can check the error our selves. currently there is not enough information for us to trouble shooting.

Teradata Employee

As I said in my earlier post, by default, there is no login timeout for the Teradata JDBC Driver. A login timeout only occurs when your application (or application server) specifies a non-zero login timeout using the either the DriverManager.setLoginTimeout method or the DataSource.setLoginTimeout method.