DLL error: continue request submitted but no response to return

Connectivity
Enthusiast

DLL error: continue request submitted but no response to return

Got a bit of a head-scratcher here.

I've got an Access front-end to some Teradata tables.
There are a couple of dozen folks using it, and 2 have encountered the following error in the last few days.

"Continue request submitted but no response to return"

The error occurs when Access is trying to bring back a result set with more records than will fit in the subform or listbox which is displaying them.

ODBC Driver version is 13.00.00.04

One of the problem users is using Access 2003, and the other is using Access 2007.
There has been no change to the Access client database, and the users didn't experience the problem prior to the last few days.

For the 2 problem users, the error is replicable - they get it every time they go to certain forms.
And nobody else is getting the error at all.

I've tried swopping machines with one of them.
I work OK on both machines.
She works fine on mine but not on hers.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Tony
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: DLL error: continue request submitted but no response to return

- on both the machines, ODBC DSN settings are the same?
- on both machines, same database user-id was used? I mean to say, the expected result-set is same when you tried on both the machines?
- capturing ODBC traces on working and non-working machines might give a clue.
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions.

ODBC settings were slightly different, but I thought I had taken that out of the equation by swopping machines. i.e. I had no problem when using a machine on which another user had experienced the problem.

I tried changing the ODBC settings on the problem machine, but it made no difference.

The trace shows a SQLFetch, which for me has return code 0, but for the other user has return code -1, resulting in this error:

DIAG [24000] [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Continue request submitted but no response to return. (-3119)

The Driver documentation mentions 24000 when discussing the State Check Level. We've both got that set to 0, which is the backward compatibility level, which would appear to be the least fussy.

Now I've got another user with the problem. Thats 3 out of about 30. I've got a horrible feeling things might get worse!

Teradata Employee

It looks you need to engage Teradata Customer Support.