Does JDBC driver v3.3.0.0 silently ignore batch mode?

Connectivity

Does JDBC driver v3.3.0.0 silently ignore batch mode?

While searching various sites yesterday, I thought I read that the TeraData JDBC driver (at some version) has a bug that causes it to ignore "batch mode", such that multiple statements submitted in the same transaction would be sent to the database separately, instead of in a batch (batching would make it more efficient). Can anyone confirm whether that is the case, and whether a newer version than what I have (3.3.0.0) has a fix for that problem?
2 REPLIES

Re: Does JDBC driver v3.3.0.0 silently ignore batch mode?

Note that I found the following ancient forum post that implies this:

http://www.teradataforum.com/teradata/20050909_095525.htm

(I tried sending an email to this person, but I don't know if the address I found is still good.)
Teradata Employee

Re: Does JDBC driver v3.3.0.0 silently ignore batch mode?

The Teradata JDBC Driver has supported both regular non-prepared Statement batches (which are transmitted to the Teradata Database as multi-statement requests) and PreparedStatement batches (which are transmitted using the Teradata "iterated request" wire protocol) since TTU 8.0 / Teradata JDBC Driver 3.2.0.0 in combination with Teradata Database V2R6.0.

The only situation in which the Teradata JDBC Driver does not transmit a PreparedStatement batch as a Teradata iterated request is when the SQL request is a CALL to a stored procedure. The Teradata Database does not support iterated requests for a CALL to a stored procedure, so in this particular case, the Teradata JDBC Driver executes the CALL to the stored procedure repeatedly, once per each set of bound parameter values.