Does Teradata .Net provider support IA64 machine?

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Does Teradata .Net provider support IA64 machine?

Hi everyone,

Does Teradata .Net provider support IA64 machine? If so, which version of provider can be used on ia64?
Seems that " .NET Data Provider for Teradata 12.0" only support x86 and x64 machine, right?

Thanks
Winnie

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Does Teradata .Net provider support IA64 machine?

ReadeMe file states that it supports .NET Framework x86 and x64.
.NET Data Provider version 12.0 is 100 precent managed code. Therefore it might work on IA64 but Teradata does not support it at this point.
Enthusiast

yes, I can read data from x86 and x64 machine via .Net provider. It works well. But it throw following exception when I want to read data on IA64 machine. I just want to confirm that it should be by design, right?

Errors in the back-end database access module. The managed provider 'Teradata.Client.Provider' could not be instantiated.

Thanks
Winnie
Teradata Employee

Are you using the .NET Data Provider for Teradata with SQL Server on IA64 or some other third party tool on IA64?

I am guessing that Machine.config file does not have an entry for Teradata.Client.Provider. How did you install .NET Data Provider for Teradata on IA64?

That said I would use NQuery to test on IA64 first. You can add a DbProviderFactories section to NQuery.exe.config file.