EM_GSSCALLFAIL

Connectivity

EM_GSSCALLFAIL

Hi,
Is anyone know how to solve this. Iam using teradata .net provider, 64 bit on windows 2003 sp2 and keep getting this error while trying to connect using NQuery :[Call-Level Interface, Version 2] [236] MTDP: EM_GSSCALLFAIL(236): call to gss_call failed. I have installed 64 bit versions of ICU,GSS,CLI still getting the error, i will appreciate any help or pointers....
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: EM_GSSCALLFAIL

I am not sure if CLI writes additional information to the Trace file or not. That said I suggest to turn on trace.
You must set two environmental variables:

a) COPANOMLOG: "COPANOMLOG should be set to the file name in which the user intends to collect the trace.
On Windows platforms, the trace file name provided in the COPANOMLOG is appended with a
.txt extension.

b) NETRACE: Set this to 1

I have set COPANOMLOG and NETRACE environment variables but it does not write any trace into the file. Its a web app and once i run on local machine it works fine. If i reset IIS and try to access from another box it gives me EM_GSSCALLFAIL error. That box have few windows application connecting to teradata, they all work fine. Is there any problem with IIS and teradata .net provider?? will appreciate any help or ideas...

KAharwal

Teradata Employee

I thought you mentioned NQuery in your first post; therefore it is not related to IIS.

NQuery will run as a 64-bit process on a 64-bit Windows. Are the other Windows Applications on this box 32-bit or 64-bit? Are they using CLI to connect to Teradata?

Did CLI create the Trace File but the file is empty? An empty file shows that CLI sees the Environment variable but the this version of CLI does not log GSS errors.

I just used NQuery to test the .net provider and it works fine. The problem is my web app. Iam getting this error from the web application using .net provider in asp.net page. The page works fine on local machine but if i reset IIS and try to access the same page from other machine it gives me EM_GSSCALLFAIL error. Does teradata .net provider needs special rights to load into IIS?

KAharwal
Teradata Employee

CLI reads the registry to find the path to TeraGSS. Maybe CLI does not have access rights to the registry when running within IIS.

.NET Data Provider for Teradata 12.0 does not require CLI and it does not read the registry.

.NET Data Provider for Teradata 12.0 works like a champ. thanks a lot

KAharwal