Entity Provider for Teradata

Connectivity

Entity Provider for Teradata

Hi,

Does anyone know roughly when the support for Entity Framework 4 and the Visual Studio 2010 integration is going to come? I know the current TDNETDP 13.10, which came out last Nov, supports Entity Framework 3.51 and Visual Studio 2008. Knowing this piece of information will help me with the implementation assessment of my project, which will use EF 4 on VS 2010.

Thanks.
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES

Re: Entity Provider for Teradata

I would also be interested in this information. I know I can browse a Teradata database in Server Explorer on VS 2010, but can't generate EF Data Models (returns errors).
Teradata Employee

The .NET Data Provider version 13.11.0.1 integrates with Visual Studio 2010 and supports EDM generation/wizard. It also has a workaround for generating Entities from Views.

Are you using 13.11.0.1 and what is the error?
N/A

I have the same issue with this message : The selected objects using a data provider is not supported

When I drop a table with the server explorer to my data class

I'm using VS2010 et the .net data provider 13.11.0.1

Teradata Employee

Are you having an issue with the Entity Data Model/Wizard?
Visual Studio does not support Drag-and-Drop from the Server Explorer to EDMX; right-click on the EDM diagram and select "Update Model from Database ...".

Please open a new thread if your issue is not related to the Entity Framework, Entity Provider or Entity Data Model.

What is the workaround for generating Entities from Views?

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Thanks for the helpful links, NetFx.

I followed the instructions from your links and I am able to generate an entity model, but I got a warning: "Error 6002: the table/view 'AppDataMaintVMUAT.GeoHHLocation' does not have a primary key defined. The Key has been inferred and the definition was created as a read-only table/view."  Is it even possible to generate an entity model from a view that will allow for updating and creating new records? If so, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.