Error installing ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664 on Windows Server 2003 x64

Connectivity

Error installing ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664 on Windows Server 2003 x64

I have installed the icu libraries and GSS client succuessfully but i get the error:
Error 1720 There is a problem with the Windows installer package. A script required for this install could not be run.....Custom action uninstall_pre_version6432, script error 214682823

The server I am installing it on has had Teradat odbc v12 installed on it previously. That was unistalled successfully but now we are getting errors installing version 13.

Any advice, many thanks?
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Error installing ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664 on Windows Server 2003 x64

You may try to install as Administrator. This should help you.

Re: Error installing ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664 on Windows Server 2003 x64

Unfortunately i have already tried that but i still get the same error, I've also updated my version of Windows installer as the message points towards that. However that made no difference either.......any more advice with this would be greatly appreciated

I have now resoled this issue.
We edited ther msi with an msi editor and removed the line that states: Uninstall_Prev_Version6432
We then saved the msi and ran it again and everythinbg installed great
Highlighted

Where did you download the drivers from? I can't find any download links for the x86 64bit drivers anywhere on this site or the old legacy site.