Error selecting Date when using jdbc

Connectivity
N/A

Error selecting Date when using jdbc

I have a table with a few columns of DATE type. I am able to select data from this table using BTEQwin. However, as soon as I use something which connects via the jdbc driver I get the message "TeraResultSet:getTimestamp function failed".

I am using driver 12.00.00.107.

This error turns up both when I connect using the SQL Explorer plugin in Eclipse and through my application which is running in Tomcat (and uses hibernate, if that matters).

I found a workaround by casting to a timestamp and then a char(10) like so:

(cast(cast(m_.misson_date as Timestamp(0)) as char(10)))

However, I am also forced to have String as my type in hibernate instead of Date.

Is there something I can do to make this work while preserving the Date type?
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Error selecting Date when using jdbc

Please post the stack trace for the exception that you got.
Thanks,
--Tom
N/A

here is a error I am getting :

java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.00.00.07] [Error 618] [SQLState HY000] TeraResultSet:getTimeStamp function failed
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeLegacyDriverException(ErrorFactory.java:150) [terajdbc4.jar:13.00.00.07]
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeLegacyDriverException(ErrorFactory.java:144) [terajdbc4.jar:13.00.00.07]
at com.teradata.jdbc.ComUtil.ThrowExcp(ComUtil.java:1537) [terajdbc4.jar:13.00.00.07]
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraResultSet.getTimestamp(TeraResultSet.java:4265) [terajdbc4.jar:13.00.00.07]
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalResultSet.getTimestamp(TeraLocalResultSet.java:923) [terajdbc4.jar:13.00.00.07]
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalResultSet.getTimestamp(TeraLocalResultSet.java:602) [terajdbc4.jar:13.00.00.07]
at org.hibernate.type.TimestampType.get(TimestampType.java:53) [hibernate3.jar:na]

for java.util.Date (java) / DATE (teradata)
Teradata Employee

Teradata JDBC Driver version 13.00.00.07 and earlier versions of the Teradata JDBC Driver do not support the implicit data type conversion of calling ResultSet.getTimestamp for a DATE column value.

You have two possible solutions:

1. Upgrade to Teradata JDBC Driver version 13.00.00.16, which does provide implicit data type conversion of calling ResultSet.getTimestamp for a DATE column value.

2. As a workaround with older versions of the Teradata JDBC Driver, you can call ResultSet.getDate to obtain a DATE column value, thereby avoiding the unsupported implicit data type conversion.
N/A

Thanks for the info. I am using version 13.00.00.27 and it seems to be working properly.