Event number 33-13810-00 (severity 10, category 12) Vconfig GDO is missing or corrupt.

Connectivity

Event number 33-13810-00 (severity 10, category 12) Vconfig GDO is missing or corrupt.

HI forum,

I am new to teradata, installed demo version 12 in my pc having windows xp sp2. After installing, the "start teradata" button is showing disabled in the teradata service control. Also I have loggin issues though the host entry in etc is :

127.0.0.1       localhost localtdcop1

127.0.0.1       localhost tdadmincop1

127.0.0.1       localhost tdusercop1

The DSN defined are :

1) demo with 127.0.0.1

2) tdadmin with 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

3) tdusre with 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

On checking the services, I found Teradata Database Initiator is not statred and on starting it it is again getting disabled.

On checking the event viewer, I found event id 13810 with the message "Event number 33-13810-00 (severity 10, category 12) Vconfig GDO is missing or corrupt." I checked the  messages manual for this entryand found the following:

Explanation: The VConfig GDO was missing or empty when PDE initialization was attempted.

Generated By: PDE Initialization.

For Whom: System Support Representative.

Notes: This error aborts PDE initialization; the VConfig GDO is required in order to bring up PDE.

Remedy: If PDE is being installed for the first time or reinstalled from scratch to reinitialize the database, this

is a normal, expected message when the machine first comes up with PDE installed. Run PUT to define the

desired configuration and bring up PDE as described in the Field Support Guide.

If the VConfig GDO is lost on an existing system, to restore it without loosing the configuration, which also

destroys the database, copy vconfig.gdo (and vprocconfig.gdo, if it is also lost) from /var/ns/bkup into /ntos

and retry PDE startup.