Excel 2010 connectivity -We couldn't authenticate with the credentials

Connectivity
Highlighted

Excel 2010 connectivity -We couldn't authenticate with the credentials

Hi,

I've managed to download  .NET provider driver to connect Excel 2010 to Teradata. However now I'm getting an error message around my credentials. ' We couldnt authenticate wuth the credentials provided.'    Does this need to be authorised by IT departments?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Excel 2010 connectivity -We couldn't authenticate with the credentials

Are you able to connect to Teradata using some other tool (not Excel)?

If so, does the connection require LDAP authentication mechanism?

Microsoft Excel and Power BI default to Single Sign-On (windows credentials) when using .Net, and it that fails should prompt for native (TD2) database authentication. But it doesn't offer the choice of LDAP authentication (at least not without an environment variable setting that seems to be undocumented and presumably unsupported by Microsoft).

Using an ODBC data source does allow you to select LDAP authentication.

Teradata Employee

Re: Excel 2010 connectivity -We couldn't authenticate with the credentials

Not sure if this will work for Excel 2010 but does for Excel 2016

LDAP support is available in Power BI desktop and Excel 2016 by setting environment variable flag 'PBI_EnableTeradataLdap=True', the LDAP auth option should appear in the credentials dialog (the first time you connect to the Teradata source). This feature requires the latest Power BI desktop release (January) and Excel 2016. LDAP support at the Power BI gateway level is underway. Not sure if this will work for Excel 2010.