Excel 2013 (32 bit) - Teradata ODBC Connectivity issue

Connectivity
Fan

Excel 2013 (32 bit) - Teradata ODBC Connectivity issue

Hello,

I'm new to the forum.

I am trying to connect to Teradata Database via Teradata ODBC in Excel 2013 (32 bit).

When I click on the Teradata DSN I keep on getting the following message : [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on

The same DSN works fine if I use it to connect to Teradata via SQL Assistant.

Has anyone ran across this issue and a recommended fix ?

THanks,

Faizal

8 REPLIES

Re: Excel 2013 (32 bit) - Teradata ODBC Connectivity issue

I am having the same problem. Excel is 64 bit, 2013. I have two dsn set up 32 bit and 64 bit. SQL assistant is working fine via 32 bit. But Excel always giving "Not enough information to log on"

Saw a post from another user tracing this to a problem in teraSSO.dll, and they solved by replacing that with terasso from 14.10 drivers. 

Unfortunately, I do not have 14.10 drivers available to test, if you do ... do.

I have now reverted to 32 bit office but that has not got rid of the problem. I have not been able to find 14.1 terasso.dll file and tried to install an old copy of 13.  This has not resolved the problem but has added a new error message "Cannot find terasso library" when I try to connect through excel data wizards. Naturally, Business objects and SQL Assistant are continuing to work just fine.

Does no-one have any solution(s) for this?

"Cannnot find terasso" seems to be an old issue relating to a failure to update "PATH", according to t'interweb ... but I'm not sure what to do to resolve that.

Hi, I am the same issue, any assistance would be great.

Teradata Employee

Multiple issues are listed above. What versions of ODBC, Excel, etc. are you having an issue with, and specifically what error indication do you receive?

Hi 

i am facing below issue while connecting from informatica to teradata can any one help me please

Severity Timestamp Node Thread Message Code Message

ERROR 2/19/2016 5:25:09 PM node01_Nirankar READER_1_1_1 RR_4036 Error connecting to database [

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [dbc] and connection string [192.168.72.128].].

Enthusiast

recently msoffice is updated to 2013 64 bit and when ms office was 2010 , 32 bit. I was able to connect the teradata database using MS access and Excel . after the update , I'm getting following error.

[microsoft] [odbc driver manager] data source name not found.

The teradata version we have is v2r14 and teradata sql assistance is working fine with odbc32 bit version.

Please help

R

Teradata Employee

You need to create a new Data Source with the 64-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator.  

Fan

This didn't seem to solve the problem for me. Could you please suggest something else?