Excel Connector for Teradata

Connectivity
Fan

Excel Connector for Teradata

Hi,

Is there any Excel connector availble to execute the query from Excel for teradata?

It should support to user to runs the query from excel & the result should populate in the same excel / other excel workbook from predefined column & row

Thanks in advance

Bajju

9 REPLIES
Supporter

Re: Excel Connector for Teradata

the normal ODBC connect from Excel to TD is not suffient for you?

Fan

Thank ulrich,

Through normal ODBC we can connect to a table; is there a way to write a query in Excel cell & generate the data from 2 or more teradata tables?

Thanks

Bajju

Supporter

I never did this this way. I know it is possible to modify the ODBC SQL and do joins there. 

I would expect that there exists ways to do it like you want but can't help you there.

N/A

Hi,

Teradata has a solution that allows you to query from Excel to multiple Teradata tables using the Teradata OLAP Connector.   You use native Excel to create PivotTables, and Excel then uses MDX to query the Teradata database through the OLAP Connector.  

http://www.teradata.com/brochures/Teradata-OLAP-Connector-eb6212/?type=BR

The SQL generated by the Teradata OLAP Connector is designed to hit your AJIs, for maximum query performance.

Mike

Fan

Hey Mike, Thank your for your support.

In the given link, there is an explanation of connector features, but no where its mentioned that how it works and where to write the query

Thanks 

Bajju

Hi,

What version of Excell are you using?  This is something I have used for some years directly through Excel with no problems.  You can put the SQL directly into Excel and run it just as you would in SQL Assistant, the result set comes back into a table in the spreadsheet.  From there you can use it in Pivot Tables or Charts.  You can then just click the refresh button any time you want to update the data.  It uses the ODBC driver.

Keith.

Enthusiast

That's it !

you can do it via Ms-Query (ODBC),

From Excel sheet ("2003" version):

Menu Data, External Data, Create a request (or modify a request),

Choose a data Source,

Uncheck "use assistant ...", Connect,

then Push SQL button.

in the small SQL window you can type any SQL whith join between tables,

give a name to a column with the (name " ") syntax,

then OK :

the answerset is back in Ms-Query, you have just to get the lines in the Sheet from where you began.

Have a trial !

Pierre

Teradata Employee

Hi, 

In order to use 'Teradata OLAP Connector', What software Do I have to install?

Thank you.

Beatriz

Teradata Employee

Teradata OLAP Connector is a product offering with per seat licensing model (25, 100, 500, 1000). Please contact a Teradata Sales representative to obtain more information on the product features and cost.