First attempt fails. 20 min. later connection results.

Connectivity

First attempt fails. 20 min. later connection results.

Hi,

I have a problem with Informatica connection to Teradata. Every night we kick off a job which gets an error connecting to Teradata. It gives the error message Unable to get catalog string. We restart the job and it connects after 20 min. and runs successfully. Any ideas regarding what the issue could be? Could it be a Data Source Resolution error?

Regards,

Richard

5 REPLIES

Re: First attempt fails. 20 min. later connection results.

Could you please post the error and type of connection you are using to connect to informatica?

Hi, Thanks for the reply:

Error connecting to database [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Unable to get catalog string. [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver]

We restart the workflow (Informatica) and the second attempt connects ok. Any ideas what could be causeing this. Do we need an environmental variable specified for number of nodes? What action needs to be taken to correct this issue? Thanks for any help.

Teradata Employee

Hard to say. This message only indicates that an error occurred trying to format the real error message, so we don't know the underlying cause. Usually it indicates a driver installation or configuration problem. Once that is resolved, perhaps you will get a more informative message.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the input. I can explore the driver issue a bit but what I am wondering about is why this is intermittant? Some days we get it and others we do not.

Hi hagedorn, were you able to solve your issue?

I am facing the same issue here. Would apprecilate any help.