First time TD studio setup

Connectivity

First time TD studio setup

Hi All, 

I have new 4 node teradata system installed. I can login direct on to the node using Root login. When i try to connect via TD studio it fails. Any specific srt up i need to do before i can connect ? like download and install JDBC on local or server machine? provide some permission on node? Out of 4 node, any specific node where TD studio connects?

Any pointer will be great!

Thanks,

Bhavin

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: First time TD studio setup

TD Studio includes a Teradata JDBC driver. You should be able to connect to any reachable active node.

Locally you can allow the "Database Server Name" to default to DBC. On a client system, either

• define somenameCOP1 through somenameCOP4 as aliases for the four nodes, either in DNS or the client hosts file, and use somename as the Database Server Name
  • define an alias othername in DNS that resolves round-robin to all four nodes, use othername as the DatabaseServerName and add the COP=OFF option to your connection properties
  • use an individual node's network name as Database Server Name with the COP=OFF option
  • use one of the IP addresses as Database Server Name

Whichever option you choose, make sure you can "ping" that name or address from your client. (If not, talk to your network support.) Then you should be able to connect.

Teradata Employee

Also note that database usernames (e.g. dbc) are not Linux users (e.g. root).

Thanks Fred, I will try this out today. 

Thanks,

Bhavin